CONTRACT NO. PM108.2017:
APPOINTMENT AS A CONTRACTOR FOR UPGRADING OF NELSON MANDELA IRPTS TRUNK ROUTE WITHIN POLOKWANE MUNICIPALITY:
UPGRADING TRUNK AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF CIVIL WORKS FOR THE DEPOT, STATIONS AND DAYTIME LAYOVER FACILITY
CONTRACT VALUE: R230,967,660.97
PHASE 1 JULY 2019 TO JUNE 2020
This contract is for the Upgrading of Nelson Mandela IRPTS Trunk Route within Polokwane Municipality project. It comprises the construction of 2No. BRT lanes (one in each
direction) by either widening of the existing roadway in the centre median or the reconstruction of existing traffic lanes. Also included is the strengthening (asphalt repairs,
milling and an asphalt overlay of the existing/remaining mixed traffic lanes.
It includes the re-construction and widening of the existing sidewalks to support Non-Motorized Transport (NMT).
The main items of work to be undertaken are:
- Protection and relocation of underground services and associated infrastructure.
- Construction of mass earthworks.
- Construction of gravel pavement layers, including selected layers.
- Construction of stabilized subbase layer.
- Reclaiming up to 100mm asphalt from the existing surfacing by milling
- Construction of asphalt base comprising modified asphalt (AP1).
- Construction of an Asphalt Wearing Course (AP1 Binder).
- Construction of precast pipe culverts.
- Extension, repairs to inlet and outlet structures of existing drainage culverts where required.
- Construction of subsurface drains, lined side and catch water drains and mitre banks.
- Installation of kerbing and channeling.
- Construction of segmental block paving to the sidewalks including removal and disposal where required.
- Road markings and road studs as well as the supply and erection of road signs.
- Construction of BRT lane separators using non-standard precast kerbing.
- Testing of materials.
- Procurement of road building materials from commercial sources.
The upgrading will be done as follows:
Work Package 1: Construction of transitions for the previously constructed Trunk Route at Ditlou Circle and the intersection between Zebediela Road and Nelson Mandela Drive, Stormwater and Roadmarking.
Work Package 2: Construction of a Daytime Layover Facility at 4 Silicon Street, Polokwane Ext 17. Civil works only.
Work Package 3: Construction of a Bus Depot in Seshego-H, near the intersection between New Era Drive and Komape Street. Civil Works and Fencing
Work Package 4: Civil works for the Transit Mall and Station in Kerk Street, Jorrison Street and General Joubert Street in Polokane CBD.
Work Package 5: Construction on BRT Trunk on Neslson Madela Drive and Silicon Street, Polokwane Ext 17
Work Package 6: Construction of BRT Trunk and upgrading of mixed traffic lanes at the intersection of Nelson Mandela Drive and Doloriet Street.
Work Package 7: Construction of BRT Trunk and upgrading of mixed traffic lanes to the intersection of Nelson Mandela Drive and Zebediela Street.